Royalist was built in 1970 for Simon Tait who won the Edinburgh Cup in 1972 and was then selected to sail in the 1972 Olympic Games after which she was purchased by the current owner.
She has been professionally maintained and modernized, with a major refit in 2007 when the following was carried out.
- New Teak decking on new marine ply.
- New coach roof comprising Brazilian Mahogany structure with Teak roof
- New Bronze keel bolts and epoxy resined sheath to keel
- New raised Teak floor
- New up to date running rigging and Harken blocks throughout
- Stainless Steel shroud stiffening rods
- New Mahogany rudder with Stainless Steel shaft and rudder tube with Oilite Bronze bearings.
- New laminated Mahogany and Ash tiller, varnished.
- Bolts throughout replaced with Bronze bolts
She comes with the following equipment:
- Petticrow mast with cover and boom
- Kuffer road trailer virtually unused
- Manual and electric pumps
- Spinniker chute and sock with Teak hatch centrally
- Tacktick Race Master
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a 2014 Surveyors Report, photographers and further equipment information